A Program For Montpelier-based State Employees
The Capital Commuter program is designed to alleviate parking problems and encourage smarter travel choices, including walking, biking, carpool, vanpools and public transit.
Capital Commuters are saving gas, and wear and tear on their vehicle, too. It’s a healthier, smarter way to commute, and gets you where you need to go.
“We are pleased to support this program to help encourage State employees to reduce the costs, pollution and parking problems caused by commuting alone to Montpelier. Thanks to our partners and business sponsors, Capital Commuters is making a positive social, environmental and economic impact. Thanks to all those who participate. For those who don’t, I urge you to carpool, take the bus, walk or bike to work.” – Sue Minter, former Secretary, VTrans
Getting to work doesn’t have to be so expensive! Hundreds of State employees are saving and benefiting as a Capital Commuter.
Accept the PLEDGE. Feel the LOVE.
Sign-up as a Capital Commuter, and you’ll receive great perks, including:
- 50% discount on bus passes (*eligible routes below).
- VIP parking options for carpoolers and vanpoolers in the Capitol Complex, as well as vanpool spots at the National Life building. (*Vehicle tags can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-685-RIDE. Building occupants of National Life must get a special tag for a vanpool spot from the Security Desk).
- Guaranteed Ride Home benefit.
“I look forward to my morning and evening walking commutes. Along with the fresh air and exercise, I’m saving gas! Walking is a great way to organize my thoughts and clear my head too.” – Michael Clasen, Deputy Secretary, Administration
Saving Is Easy! To Register:
- Sign-up and tell us how you plan to commute!
- Eligibility: Must work at any State office or National Life Group building in Montpelier.
- Plan your trip and enjoy the perks at one or more of our great sponsor locations.
- Have questions? Commuter Coaches Deb and Ross are happy to help!
“I carpool/bus to work because it’s much less expensive, makes my 40 mile commute more enjoyable as I chat with carpoolers or relax on the bus, and is an easy way to reduce my fossil fuel emissions.” – Blaine Hastings, Watershed ManagementS
Get Your Bus Pass
You can pick-up your bus pass from one of these two locations:
Capitol Regions Visitor Center, 134 State Street, Montpelier
VTrans, 5th Floor, National Life Group Bldg., One National Life Drive, Montpelier
*Bus routes eligible for the Capital Commuters 50% discount include:
#80 City Route Mid-Day
#81 Barre Hospital Hill (via transfer to Montpelier Hospital Hill)
#82 Montpelier Hospital Hill
#83 Waterbury Commuter (to/from Montpelier)
#84 US 2 Commuter
#86 Montpelier Link Express
#88 Capital Shuttle
#89 City Commuter
#92 Montpelier Circulator
#93 Northfield Commuter
#100 Route 100 Commuter (via transfer to Waterbury Commuter)
Contact us for location information on carpool/vanpool spots, EV charging points, CarShare, commuter lots, bus stops and more.