Find Your Perfect Carpool Buddy
Explore potential carpool matches with our Trip Planner! Enter your start and end address, then look for the “carpoolers” transit option. If you see a good match, follow the steps from there to get in touch. If you don’t find the right ride, help others find you instead! Join Go! Vermont to put yourself on the list. You’ll even be rewarded for all of your green commutes!
Call our Q&A hotline with your carpool questions at 800-685-7433.
Another great resource for carpooling is Front Porch Forum, a free online forum specific to your neighborhood where you can coordinate carpooling with neighbors. You can also email your co-workers or post on your employer’s bulletin board.
Sharing a Ride Makes Sense
Instead of spending time in a car alone driving to and from work every day, consider sharing the commute and enjoy the ride! When you find others with similar commutes and all go together, everyone benefits:
- Cut 50% of your daily commute costs! Less money spent on gas and maintenance
- Reduce wear and tear on your vehicle
- Fewer cars on the road mean less carbon in the air, less traffic, and less parking congestion
- Share driving responsibilities; get time to sit back and relax before and after work
- You’re never stranded if plans change; registered Go! Vermont users qualify for the Guaranteed Ride Home Benefit
- Park in designated priority parking spots with a special pass. Just call 800-685-7433 or e-mail us and we’ll be happy to send one along.
Looking for a Park & Ride?
Vermont has 48 state and municipal Park & Ride lots located throughout the state. Visit parkandrides.vermont.gov for detailed information on each location.
Plan Your Trip
Find rides for your daily commute, to the doctor’s, or even your favorite ski resort. Our trip planner will show you carpools, transit, biking, and walking directions. Visit Trip Planner »
Earn restaurant coupons, retailer discounts and tickets to shows & attractions when you choose greener travel options like carpool, vanpool, bus, bike or telecommute. It’s free and easy to do!