CREATE A VANPOOL. WE’LL GIVE YOU A VAN. IT’S THAT EASY.
How does it work?
If you have 5+ people who share a similar commute and schedule, you can create a vanpool. Go! Vermont and their partner vRide, provide the van.
Each rider pays a low monthly fee, which covers all the costs—gas, insurance, repairs—everything! No loan or down payment is needed. You and/or your co-worker drives and keeps it at their home.
SAFE, RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION
We make sure you’re covered
- Insurance for the vehicle
- Safe drivers (background check)
- Guaranteed Ride Home
- Regular maintenance
Compare Costs by Mode of Transportation
|Cost Per Day (per person)||SOV||Carpool for 2||12-Person Vanpool|
|Cost Per Month (per person)||SOV||Carpool for 2||12-Person Vanpool|
|Cost Per Year (per person)||SOV||Carpool for 2||12-Person Vanpool|
SOV: Single Occupancy Vehicle. RTM: Round Trip Miles. Data from vRide and AAA, 2014, rounded up to next dollar.
- Cut Commuting Costs In Half: Simple and dramatic (60% or more) out-of-pocket cost savings on their commute, which can add up to thousands each year!
- Add Life to Your Car: Vanpooling takes hard commuting miles off employees’ personal vehicles and saves on wear and tear expenses.
- Never Get Stuck: Our Guaranteed Ride Home benefit ensures that employees can get an emergency ride home if they didn’t take their personal vehicle to work.
- Green Feels Good: People feel good when they know they’re helping the environment. And speaking of “feeling good”…
- Less Stress: Vanpooling takes the stress out of commuting. Plus, it adds time back into each rider’s day, to rest, socialize, network or even tackle their to-do-list.
- Better Commute = Happier Employees: Increase job satisfaction, productivity and morale by reducing the stress and costs associated with commuting.
- Less Cars. More Parking: Reduced traffic and parking congestion means reduced real estate dedicated to parking and the costs associated with parking maintenance. Win, win.
- On Time and Inspired Employees: Commuting challenges can force employees to be late and even miss work. Vanpooling can help get them to work dependably and on time.
- Make a Statement: Knowing that your business or organization is contributing to a better quality of life and cleaner environment just feels good.
- Low Investment. Big Rewards: Free services like vanpooling and our Guaranteed Ride Home are easy to set up and quickly pay off. Plus, there are pre-tax savings on vanpool expenses for employers.
Our free employer services
- On-Site Seminars: We provide presentations to employees on the benefits, logistics and practicality of alternative transportation options.
- A Guaranteed Ride Home: This free service ensures that employees can get an emergency ride home. Just call a cab or rent a car and Go! Vermont will reimburse them.
- Certification Benefits: Employers that support ride share programs as a means of reducing their carbon footprint receive added points towards Leadership in Environmental and Energy Design (LEED) certification.
- Promotional Resources: Helpful tips on how to get started and other free resources are available to promote your program internally, such as posters, brochures and email templates.
- Online Access: Easy-to-use ride matching system at www.connectingcommuters.org
- Call Center: To answer any questions, or help you get started, 800-685-RIDE
You have questions? We have answers.
Where Does The Van Come From Exactly?
The van is provided by vRide, Go! Vermont’s vanpool partner.
Do We Have To Buy A Vehicle?
No. You are not responsible for buying or providing a vehicle.
So Let Me Get This Straight. It’s One Cost For Everything?
Yes. vRide provides a van and gas card, and handles all insurance, maintenance, as well as 24-hour roadside assistance. Go! Vermont chips in to subsidize the cost, making it even more affordable. Each rider simply pays their share each month.
What If There Is An Emergency And Someone Needs To Get Home Before The Rest Of The Vanpool?
With the Guaranteed Ride Home benefit, you can take a cab, bus or other transport home should an urgent need arise, and Go! Vermont will cover travel costs up to $70.
How Do I Get Started?
Once you have a group of people interested, give us a call at 800-685-RIDE, and we’ll get you started!