Guaranteed Ride Home
Get home safely when plans change
Knowing that even the best-laid plans can change unexpectedly, Go! Vermont created Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH), a benefit for bus riders, vanpoolers, and carpoolers. If you face an unforeseen change of plans such as a work-related or family emergency that prevents you from taking the bus or traveling via your carpool, GRH reimburses travel fees up to $70.
Here’s how it works:
- If you cannot travel via your carpool or bus route, use public transportation, a taxi, a ride from a friend or colleague, a rental car or CarShare, and pay for it yourself.
- Track greener trips with Go! Vermont to use the Guaranteed Ride Home reimbursement program.
- Send a copy of the original receipt(s), this Reimbursement Form, and a brief description of the situation to Go! Vermont at GoVermont@vermont.gov.
- You will be reimbursed up to $70 within approximately six weeks of submitting your claim.
Eligible Guaranteed Ride Home Requests Include, but are not limited to:
- Personal or family emergency
- Sudden illness of carpool driver or yourself
- Carpool driver has an emergency
- Mechanical breakdown of carpool vehicle
- Unexpected emergency overtime
Non-Eligible Requests Include, but are not limited to:
- Prearranged appointments or classes
- Scheduled overtime
- Personal errands
If you have questions about the eligibility of a situation not listed here, please contact (GoVermont@vermont.gov) Go Vermont.