Park & Ride Locations
Park and Ride lots make shared mobility easy
Park-and-Rides help provide safe and convenient parking facilities to encourage the consolidation of travelers and the reduction of single occupancy vehicles on the roads. Some are also bus stops, electric car charging stations or have bike racks to lock your bike. Vermont has 48 state and municipal Park & Ride lots located throughout the state. Visit parkandrides.vermont.gov for detailed information on each location.
Park and Ride Information and Tips
- All Vermont State Park and Ride facilities are free and open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except for the Rutland Parking Garage. There are no time limits on parking in Vermont State Park and Ride facilities.
- Please help to keep our Park and Ride facilities clean by not littering. There is a $500.00 fine for throwing trash on highways and in streams.
- Overnight camping, abandoned vehicles, and commercial enterprise are prohibited in all Vermont State Park and Ride facilities.
- Please note that Municipality owned and maintained facilities may have different hours of operation and regulations than the Vermont State owned and maintained facilities. Please contact the Municipalities directly for information pertaining to their Park and Ride facilities.
- Vandalism and break-ins, though uncommon, can and do occur occasionally. Please do not leave valuables in your vehicle, or store them out of plain view. If parking over-night or long-term, park as close to a light as possible.
- Public transit providers stop at many of the Vermont State and Municipal Park and Ride facilities. Please contact the transit providers for their routes and schedules.
Each year VTrans sponsors the Municipal Park and Ride grant program for the creation of small Park and Ride facilities in Vermont communities. If your community is interested, visit: http://vtrans.vermont.gov
Plan Your Trip
Find rides for your daily commute, to the doctor’s, or even your favorite ski resort. Our trip planner will show you carpools, transit, biking, and walking directions. Visit Trip Planner »
Track My Bus
Tracking your bus is easy and free. Transit is a real-time bus locator and trip planning tool. Find Out More »